National Parks Advocacy Via Radio Soundscapes--Seeking Submissions

Subject: National Parks Advocacy Via Radio Soundscapes--Seeking Submissions
Date: Mon Mar 5, 2018 11:48 am ((PST))
Hello everyone, my name is Nicole Martin. One of your members suggested I p=
ost here.

 I have a long-form, non-anthropogenic soundscape radio show on KBOO 90.7 F=
M, a non-profit community radio station in Portland, OR. The next episode i=
s March 31 and I have three hours of time.

 I am seeking recordings of Chaco Canyon, ANWR, Bears Ears, Grand Staircase=
, Siskiyou, and other threatened public lands. I've been reaching out to my=
 networks for the past month and we have come to realize that none of us ha=
ve these areas in our recording collections. Hence my asking for help. Does=
 anyone have any recordings of threatened lands they would like to submit?=

 You will retain all rights to your recordings. The radio show only streams=
 via an online archive after the initial broadcast and does not allow downl=
oads. I don't get paid or advertised for and the station again is a non-pro=
fit. You will be credited at the top and bottoms of the recording selection=
s. I try to allow 15 minutes or more per soundscape. With the long episodes=
 I sometimes am able to let them play for up to two hours uninterrupted...f=
or those that know radio, you realize how exciting it is to keep human voic=
es off the air that long. The current show archive is at www.kboo.fm/progra=
m/threshold-shift http://www.kboo.fm/program/threshold-shift for the curiou=
s.

 The point of the March episode is to raise awareness within the public abo=
ut what is happening in these areas surrounding environmental policy and la=
nd management. In other words like a Sagan-esque Golden Record, I'm hoping =
to aurally illustrate the beauty of what we have so people who have not exp=
erienced it first hand have a better sense of what we all have to lose/have=
 lost already. The Chaco region in particular goes up for energy company bi=
ds again March 8th.

 Any recordings of pre/post infrastructure development landscapes/waterscap=
es are welcome as an angle could be to illustrate what happens after wells =
are drilled, etc. The goal would be to feature public lands and as many of =
the ones listed above as is feasible. Depending on the amount of submission=
s I may be able to do a follow up show later in the year.

 If you are interested please contact me directly at =
.com. Submissions would be needed no later than March 20 to allow for writi=
ng and creating the show. Thank you for your time.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: