Re: ideas? spectrogram export for visual art

Subject: Re: ideas? spectrogram export for visual art
From: lamprophis1963
Date: Tue Feb 6, 2018 9:14 pm ((PST))
It would help if you could explain what sort of resolution you are looking =
for?   A screenshot off a large screen at 4K for example should be more res=
olution than you could need for most projects I can imagine.   Even an HD s=
creen at 1920x1080 should give very good screen captures?

me, Camtasia Studio, and the Ispring software in the past (free and paid ve=
rsions of the latter two).    I found the Ispring software had some serious=
 limitations in file formats they would export, for example.   These progra=
ms are OK, but they are overpriced considering there is an open source equi=
valent which is just as easy to use and completely free.

 Search for Open Broadcaster Studio (or just OBS).  The software is availab=
le for Mac, Windows and Linux and it is completely free.  There is no "paid=
 version" to upgrade to like some of the other "free" software has. And it =
will capture the audio and video from your screen.  You can even capture mo=
re than one audio source at once if you want (e.g. your computer soundcard =
and your microphone).

 It is very like Audacity - completely free, cross-platform and well suppor=
ted.   You can check it out here  - https://obsproject.com/ https://obsproj=
ect.com/

 Disclaimer - I have NO relationship with these OBS people, I just needed a=
 dependable screen video capture program and didn't want to pay the exorbit=
ant prices some companies think they are worth.

 Chris Harrison

 San Antonio, TX, USA

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional