Re: Sony D100 advice

Subject: Re: Sony D100 advice
From: "Dom Hall" dominic.patagonia
Date: Tue Feb 6, 2018 9:58 am ((PST))
 Hi CasparI have been using one for about 6 months as my go-to portable rec=
order. I prefer the xy position unless I'm recording very distant sounds in=
 very open habitat as the stereo representation seems better. That's a pers=
onal thing though. I'd suggest you invest in good wind protection. I had tw=
o custom made deadcats done by Windcut in the UK as the rycote one I had wa=
s not cutting the wind well enough. The s/n100 feature is good for pure geo=
phonic sounds but doesn't cope well with sudden changes - eg bursts of soun=
d from nearby birds etc. You might need to experiment with this - I've good=
 and bad results. The preamps are super clean up to about 6 - beyond that y=
ou're better amplifying in post and forsaking the extra gain in the field. =
Just my view anyway.Oh, and if you going to handhold it at all the Rycote l=
yre mount is good (get the heavy duty one though - there are two weights). =
I usually use this even when on a tripod. The aluminum picks up every littl=
e touch ;) But I've had great results just wedging it in a tree too....
I guess that's probably all the advice i have. I really like the recorder.c=
heers.Dom

Dominic Garcia-Hall
www.antbirds.com

NY =A0+1 917 740 1945
UK =A0+44 161 408 4002
 On Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 9:46:40 AM GMT, rapsac  [=