Tascam D-100mkIII or D-60mkII vs Zoom H4N Pro

Subject: Tascam D-100mkIII or D-60mkII vs Zoom H4N Pro
From: brandon9keim
Date: Tue Jan 2, 2018 5:46 pm ((PST))
Hello all,=0D
=0D
Long time reader, first time poster.=85=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I'm a (very!) amateur nature recorder =97 mostly soundscapes, sometimes a =
particular group of animals or phenomenon. Presently I use a Zoom H4N Pro a=
nd either an Audio Technica AT875R or Luhd PM-01AB stereo microphone. It's =
fine for loud sounds, but upping the gain to capture ambient or soft sounds=
 quickly introduces a nagging amount of hiss. =0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 I was thinking of upgrading from the H4N Pro to a Tascam D-100mkIII or  D-=
60mkII, which have good reviews and are within my budget. Does anyone have =
advice on whether either of these would represent a significant improvement=
 in recording quality?=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Thanks very much,=0D