Re: Gear question

Subject: Re: Gear question
From: "Emanuele Costantini" lamacchiacosta
Date: Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 am ((PST))
Hi Bernie,

Rycote still produce all you need, the only "improvement" is the lyre
suspension system that come in different grades of hardness to adapt to
the weight of your microphones. The standard windshileds will do the job
you need and they have the sock high wind protection and improved furry
windshied.

http://rycote.com/microphone-windshield-shock-mount/modular-windshield-kit/

The sock don't usually come with a modular kit because is a specific
item and has to be requested separately.

I would suggest you to contact them directly, usually is Odette the lady
I am in touch with:

If you are planning to use them for nature recordings, as I am sure you
are, ask them to have your windshields wihtout tags, that's how I have
all mine ones, because the modern ones come with orrible big ultra
coloured tags that scare the s**t out any animal. They could also do
camouflaged windshields even if I alway buy them in black.

As Martin suggested, I would stay away from the Cyclone, is bulky and heavy=
..

I hope this help. :-)

Emanuele