Re: The Missing Paintings at Towner Art Gallery

Subject: Re: The Missing Paintings at Towner Art Gallery
From: "Nick Dando" =
ld.com
Date: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:42 am ((PDT))

Joseph,

Would you mind if I add this information to the threads about the exhibitio=
n on the Eric Ravilious Fan Club Facebook pages?

Thanks

Nick
> On 24 Jun 2017, at 18:45,  [naturerecordists] <natur=
> wrote:
>

> My latest work "The Missing Paintings" is currently showing as part of Ra=
vilious & Co : The Pattern of Friendship at Towner Art Gallery in Eastbourn=
e, UK until Sept 17th 2017.

> Eric Ravilious, the famous English painter and designer, painted a number=
 of watercolours in the 1930s whose whereabouts are unknown. The Missing Pa=
intings responds to these works by revisiting the sites where they were pai=
nted and creating an immersive experience of being in the landscape. Tradit=
ional landscape painting typically places the natural world within a frame =
and asks the viewer to consider the landscape at a distance. Through binaur=
al recording, these immersive works contradict that notion by placing the l=
istener at the centre of a contemporary soundscape, where distant traffic n=
oise and the rupture of contemporary life can be faintly heard at the margi=
ns of the rural id yll.