Re: query re your experience with Melodyne

Subject: Re: query re your experience with Melodyne
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Wed Mar 1, 2017 11:31 am ((PST))
As I used it, Melodyne was designed for adjusting performance (timing, enve=
lope, and pitch) of elements in a mix. Also investigate this company that i=
s specializing in extracting elements from a mix, http://audionamix.com.

-Dan

rdists] <> wrote:

> Dear Bernie Krause
>
> I wondered if you could comment on the potential for Melodyne to allow ex=
traction of different distinct sound elements within a mono environmental r=
ecording.

> I am considering tackling a project that would be a surround mix from a m=
onophonic album released in the 1950s. Perhaps you would know it: =93A Day =
In Algonquin Park,=94 released in 1955 by William WH Gunn, the Canadian eco=
logist and field recordist.

> By the way, if you know about Gunn and his =92Sounds of Nature=92 LP seri=
es, I would be interested to learn your opinion of his work! My partner Lau=
ra J Cameron and I have a paper coming out in the journal =91Organised Soun=
d=92 that argues his position should be better known as part of the (pre-)h=
istory of soundscape composition.