Primo EM172 2+2 caps: Clippy XLR Vs. PIP - Olympus LS5

Subject: Primo EM172 2+2 caps: Clippy XLR Vs. PIP - Olympus LS5
From: m_pesente
Date: Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:20 pm ((PST))
Using a metronome, I tested 2+2 Primo em172 Matched Pair in stereo configur=
ation, placed on the two sides of a plexiglass dish of 12 centimeters of di=
ameter. I used two Olympus ls5 for simultaneous test. Here the downloadable=
 track in SoundClou:
 https://soundcloud.com/marco- pesente/primo-em172-22- ph48vartphantom2pro-=
 artphantom2pro-artphantom2pro- artphantom2pro-vs-em172-plug- in-power-olym=
pus-ls5 https://soundcloud.com/marco-pesente/primo-em172-22-ph48vartphantom=
2pro-artphantom2pro-artphantom2pro-artphantom2pro-vs-em172-plug-in-power-ol=
ympus-ls5
 The second part of the track is for Plug in Power (PIP) inside the recorde=
r; the first part is for Art Phantom 2 Pro 48v XLR connection. Recorder set=
tings: 24 bit 44,1 khz, No Low Cut filter, max gain 10 Low Rec position.
 XLR plugs are Clippy XLR EM172 Microphone - micbooster.com http://micboost=
er.com/clippy-em172-microphones/100-xlr-mono-clippy-em172-microphone.html, =
Nick Roast kindly modified to feed n.2 em172 parallel connected.

 http://micbooster.com/clippy-em172-microphones/100-xlr-mono-clippy-em172-m=
icrophone.html

 Clippy XLR EM172 Microphone - micbooster.com http://micbooster.com/clippy-=
em172-microphones/100-xlr-mono-clippy-em172-microphone.html High sensitivit=
y omni-directonal low noise microphone Balanced XLR output Phantom power 12=
-48 volts Black aluminium housing Balancing electronic...

 View on micbooster.com http://micbooster.com/clippy-em172-microphones/100-=
xlr-mono-clippy-em172-microphone.html
 Preview by Yahoo

 In post production, I added +4 dB for PIP plug in power part to match the =
track.
 https://soundcloud.com/marco- pesente/em172- 22ph48vartphantom2pro-vs- em1=
72pip4db-no-lowcutwav https://soundcloud.com/marco-pesente/em172-22ph48vart=
phantom2pro-vs-em172pip4db-no-lowcutwav

BTW, I ran a quick test using Clippy XLR/EM172's with a Fostex FR2Le. Resul=
ts seems to be, as expected, very very good.

 Marco Pesente