Olympus P1 recorder

Subject: Olympus P1 recorder
From: "Telinga" klasstrandberg
Date: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:59 am ((PDT))
I tested the Olympus P1 and it is nice, logic and handy to use. Very
small and light weight. I have not been able to test the mic input
noise. Raimund at Avisoft (http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm) has
it among the other LS 10/11 models.

Klas

On 2016-09-10 19:49,  [naturerecordists] wrote:
> Many times a PIP mic (Primo 172 cap) is plenty good enough to capture
> a soundscape accurately. So it is a shame that Olympus discontinued
> the LS-10 / 11 / 5 units, which combine ease of use, small size, long
> battery life, quality pre-amps, and decent build. I imagine that, as
> the most expensive units in their line, they may not have had the
> sales required to justify their inventory. I carry one with me
> everywhere and sometimes wish I owned more than two units.
>
> Next best are the Olympus LS-12 / 14, which are still available. These
> have several disadvantages: they are slightly bulkier, have a plastic
> build, and 2dB poorer EIN figures according to Avisoft. But they do
> have a handy "smart" level record option that is excellent in certain
> situations (education being one). This feature samples the average SPL
> for a while before recording begins and set the input levels to
> correspond.
>
> The LS-12 is an overlooked recorder that is also less expensive than
> its predecessors (under =80120). It is well worth considering,
>
> -- Robin Parmar
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/naturerecordists/info;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJl=
bHNjNjIzBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwN=
2dGwEc2xrA3ZnaHAEc3RpbWUDMTQ3MzUyOTc2OQ--
> [2]
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/naturerecordists/members/all;_ylc=3DX=
3oDMTJmZ2RpazhrBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BGdycElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYz=
BHNlYwN2dGwEc2xrA3ZtYnJzBHN0aW1lAzE0NzM1Mjk3Njk-
> [3]
> https://groups.yahoo.com/neo;_ylc=3DX3oDMTJkdjBraDcyBF9TAzk3NDc2NTkwBGdyc=
ElkAzIxMjY4NjAEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1MDgzNjYzBHNlYwNmdHIEc2xrA2dmcARzdGltZQMxNDcz=
NTI5NzY5