Re: Portable solar chargers?

Subject: Re: Portable solar chargers?
From: "Gerrit" gerritjanbeumer
Date: Wed Jul 6, 2016 4:00 am ((PDT))
Hi Daan,

I use them frequently and have been having reasonable results (all pending =
proper matching battery to Solar panel, panel-wattage/power-needs ratio and=
 of course light conditions) with the waterproof, nearly indestructable, re=
asonably lightweight and also operatinal at lower light intensities (typica=
lly of my Dutch and other (forested) moderate sea climate conditions) rolla=
ble panels of Powerfilm http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/products/?r7__7_watt_=
rollable_solar_panel&show=3Dproduct&productID=3D271515&productCategoryIDs=
=3D6578.

I typically use 7 Watt panels -either stand-alone or in parallel for more c=
harging current- which, at 14.5 Volts (max) deliver 500 mA (max) each (in o=
ptimal conditions. Weight ca 280 grs..

As said, one needs to carefully match the panel with the current/power rece=
ptive device (typically an intermedate rechargeable battery-pack., although=
 I also directly couple them panels to my PIXO C-USB one charger fitss all =
for my AA's Li-IOns Camera batts et cet.)).

For details/support I recommend a look at Graham Morfitt's Modern Outpost w=
ebsite http://www.modernoutpost.com/about-us/ &

I purchased my panels with him and am very content in both pricing/ordering=
 and pre-after sales. Knowledgeable and helpfull Found/owner of the company=
.

Am not shure whether he still delivers goods to overseas (Netherlands in my=
 case). Feel free to contact me for details, closer inspection.

My 2 cents hope it helps ...

G'Day

Gerrit

About us - Modern Outpost<http://www.modernoutpost.com/about-us/>
www.modernoutpost.com
Modern Outpost Canada's Portable Solar Power source since the late 1900's M=
odern Outpost was originally formed back in 1998... seems like an eternity =
in the internet worl

Products - PowerFilm Solar<http://www.powerfilmsolar.com/products/?r7__7_wa=
tt_rollable_solar_panel&show=3Dproduct&productID=3D271515&productCategoryID=
s=3D6578>
www.powerfilmsolar.com
Extremely portable solar panel products - Thin film solar panel products fo=
r a range of applications including foldable solar panels and rollable sola=
r panels used in: camping, RV, backpacking, boating, and military.