Cable noise?

Subject: Cable noise?
From: "Jeremy"
Date: Thu Feb 4, 2016 10:26 am ((PST))
Hi all,

Just curious if there is a particular brand of Microphone XLR cable that
prevents handling noise the best? I had a cheapo Monoprice 4ft cable at
first, and now I've also tried a 3 ft Canare L-4E6S from Blue Jeans, but I
am getting a lot of handling noise - not wind noise directly, but it seems
to be from the cable flapping around due to wind, or anytime I make the
slightest movement.

Example - here is a "creaky crow" at the top of a large pine tree, in a
snow storm hanging out with some of its buddies:
http://www.mediafire.com/listen/nsdeysnyw60gnjx/Creaky+Crow+1.WAV

Gear:
SD 702 recorder
Sennheiser ME66/K6P
Rycote "InVision INV-HG mkIII Microphone Suspension - Lyre Shockmount"
Rycote "18cm Super-Softie Wind Shield for Shotgun Mics"

Maybe the low cut on the microphone would help? But I would like to record
bass too. I just figure I've got to be doing something wrong after seeing
i.e. the TV show "Billy on the Street" where he runs around New York
interviewing people like a madman, dangling a long XLR cable the entire
time yet not making any handling noises at all!

Cheers,
Jeremy

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional