Re: Telinga dish, which mic?

Subject: Re: Telinga dish, which mic?
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:01 am ((PST))
Hi Emil,

If you want the highest quality mono microphone/dish setup then YES
you go for Schoeps
or Sennheiser / DPA etc. Then you also have a studio microphone of
highest order.

Many sound fx recordists like cardioids better in a dish, since you
have more attenuation of surrounding sounds. What is best (omni vs
cardioid) depends on your preferences and what you are recording.

If you like the concept of stereo in a dish, then I recommend our
Stereo MK2 microphone.
You can also switch from stereo to mono with built in high pass
filter on the handle if you choose the PRO-8 (XLR) handle.

If you want to experiment with both omni and cardioid, recording
simultaneously, where you may select the preferred channel in post
production then I recommend the Twin Science.

Best wishes / Klas, Telinga Microphones

At 10:41 2016-01-18, you wrote:
>hi,
>
>i=C2=B4m looking to purchase a telinga dish.
>i planned to use it with a mkh8020, or a mkh8040. (but i guess an
>omni would be the preferred way, right?)
>
>the main question i have is, what would be the advantage if one
>takes one of the mics they are selling? (despite that its cheaper
>than a sennheiser..)
>
>thanks!
>emil
>
>------------------------------------
>Posted by: emil klotzsch <>
>------------------------------------
>
>"While a picture is worth a thousand words, a
>sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause.

>Yahoo Groups Links

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01