[Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6432

To: "" <>
Subject: [Nature Recordists] Digest Number 6432
From: "" <>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 08:07:57 +0000
There are 7 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

1a. Re: Binaural test
    From: Richard Youell
1b. Re: Binaural test
    From: Jonas Gruska
1c. Re: Binaural test
    From: J. Charles Holt
1d. Re: Binaural test
    From: J. Charles Holt
1e. Re: Binaural test
    From:  madl74

2a. thin cables
    From: Jonas Gruska
2b. Re: thin cables
    From:  madl74

Messages
1a. Re: Binaural test
    Posted by: "Richard Youell"  ryouell
    Date: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:33 am ((PDT))

Hi Charles and all

I’m also in the middle of experimenting with some dummy-head binaural recording
too.  eBay is a wonderful thing!

EM172s are also very wonderful.

I’ve made a ‘blind test’ of some simultaneous recordings that I made with
spaced AB (40cm) and dummy-head EM172s.

https://soundcloud.com/ryouell/compare-spaced-ab-and-binaural-pair-a

https://soundcloud.com/ryouell/compare-spaced-ab-and-binaural-pair-b

All comments and feedback welcome. Which pair did you prefer? Can you hear a
difference? What difference did you hear? Did you listen via speakers,
headphones or ear-buds? Which pair do you think are the spaced-omnis and which
the dummy head?  ;-)

Richard