Re: Introduction and a question - windshields

Subject: Re: Introduction and a question - windshields
Date: Thu May 28, 2015 12:20 pm ((PDT))
David,

I took a listen to the Dawn Tests, and to my trained ear I'm guessing the f=
irst one was the cheaper rig. It didn't sound quite as defined and detailed=
 to me as the second one, and the stereo image seemed narrower. Although th=
e I must admit, they both sounded very good to my trained ear! I love these=
 kinds of blind AB tests. I wish someone was putting up sample recordings l=
ike this from a lot of different mics. It would be a great way to see how a=
n NT4 sounds versus a AT8022 for example.

Your box is intriguing. I'll definitely have to play with that. I'll also k=
eep in mind what you said about windshields. The Rode and Rycote blimps see=
m to be popular, but they're awfully pricy for what they are. I wonder if I=
 couldn't use a 3D printer and a little faux fur to do the same thing for a=
round $75 or so?

- Charles