Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to repl

Subject: Static in LS-11 with Shure A96F cable/jack - which equipment to repl
From: "Greg Irving" gregirving75
Date: Sat May 23, 2015 7:19 am ((PDT))
Hi Everyone,

=C2=A0
I have been recording bird vocalisations with Olympus LS-11, powered ME66/K=
6, and Shure A96F microphone cable for a few years now.=C2=A0

=C2=A0
During the past year,the male Shure A96F plug has had to fit at a very part=
icular angle in thefemale LS-11 jack, and remain perfectly still, otherwise=
 the recording isdominated by white-noise static in the right, left or both=
 channels.=C2=A0

=C2=A0
Which equipment do I likely need to repair or replace:

=C2=A0
1) Has my A96Fdestroyed the LS-11 Jack, requiring a new LS-11?

2) Is it a problem withthe A96F plug, requiring a new A96F?

3) If the A96F wreckedmy LS-11, what would be a recommended replacement cab=
le for the A96F to avoidthis happening again in the future?

=C2=A0
Thanks for the advice.

=C2=A0
Greg