Re: Rode nt4 wind protection

Subject: Re: Rode nt4 wind protection
From: "John Crockett" naturalcontemplative
Date: Sat May 9, 2015 7:13 am ((PDT))
Hi Philipp

The Rode blimp works well, and can be found on eBay for a reasonable price
(reasonable for a blimp system, that is).

theWindcutter.com makes a fur windscreen that uses a cinch cord to tightly
close the back of the windscreen around the barrel of the microphone, and
I have used this with good results. The problem with most fur screens for
the NT4 is that they leave the back open, and wind swamps the capsules
from the rear. Unfortunately, Windcutter is currently not operating due to
a personal loss in the owner's life. I don't know when or if she will be
back in business.

But you might think about making a fur screen yourself, one that would go
over the stock foam screen and would, like the windcutter, securely close
at the back. I use this now much more often than the blimp because it
works almost as well and is much more convenient to carry. For strong
wind, the blimp is still necessary.

Good luck!

John

> Hello all,
> I am in search for wind protecting solutions for the Rode nt4. I am very
> happy with this mic but the sensitiveness to wind is quite annoying. I
> know there is a product by rycote, but this is high above my budget. I
> allready own the rode deadkitten but it seems to have no effect.
> Could you suggest me anything?
> thank you in advance
> Philipp
>

> ------------------------------------
> Posted by: Philipp Schroeter <>
> ------------------------------------

> sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause.

> Yahoo Groups Links

John Crockett

Let us live in harmony with Earth
And all creatures,