Re: incident with salt water, cassettes

Subject: Re: incident with salt water, cassettes
From: madl74
Date: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:55 pm ((PDT))
> in other hand, anyone can recommend me a cassette tape deck to digitise some
> recordings? 200 dollars or less.

Juan Pablo,

The one many professional used was the Sony Pro Walkman WM-D6, but they seem
to be tending to hold their price on eBay at least. I have two and my wife
has one and the only problem I've had was a drive belt after years of use,
but I think that can be replaced. This was the reporter's standard for
recording transcription copies of TV interviews, and sound only interviews
themselves.

The strong point is their stable speed using a toothed wheel speed
stabiliser on record and playback. It replays Dolby and non-Dolby cassettes.

David Brinicombe