Recording of Tiger and Elephants in Thailand

Subject: Recording of Tiger and Elephants in Thailand
From: wildambience
Date: Mon Mar 9, 2015 2:20 am ((PDT))
Last December I visited Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuary in Thailand to r=
ecord the natural soundscapes and wildlife. I hoped to record a tiger roari=
ng but wasn't confident it would happen - most advice I had received from l=
ocal researchers suggested Indochinese Tiger can only been heard roaring ra=
rely (much less vocal than their Bengal cousins) and that my chances were l=
ow. However, after reviewing audio captured from the first night I left the=
 recorders out, I was delighted to hear a few roar sequences from a tiger, =
albeit in the distance.=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Wild Indochinese Tiger Roaring - Huai Kha Khaeng, Thailand https://soundcl=
oud.com/wildambience/wild-indochinese-tiger-roaring-thailand=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-indochinese-tiger-roaring-thailan=
d =0D
 =0D
 Wild Indochinese Tiger Roaring - Huai Kha Khaeng... https://soundcloud.com=
/wildambience/wild-indochinese-tiger-roaring-thailand This recording is par=
t of the album 'Forest of Life' from the series 'Sounds of Wild Thailand' w=
hich features the vibrant sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng&...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-indochines=
e-tiger-roaring-thailand =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 The following few nights, I left the recorders out again, but no other tig=
ers were recorded in another 60 hours of night recording. However I picked =
up many other interesting subjects, including a small herd of elephant feed=
ing close (too close!) to the kit. I'd had some gear smashed by an elephant=
 in the past but thankfully these individuals were more polite. =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Elephants Feeding at Night, Thailand https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/e=
lephants-feeding-at-night-thailand=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/elephants-feeding-at-night-thailand =
=0D
 =0D
 Elephants Feeding at Night, Thailand https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/e=
lephants-feeding-at-night-thailand Captured on a remote recorder, two eleph=
ants feed close to the hidden microphones, occasionally sniffing the equipm=
ent. The rest of the herd are a litt...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/elephants-feedi=
ng-at-night-thailand =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Some other recordings from the trip:=0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand I: 'Thailand's Tropical Rainforest' https://soundc=
loud.com/wildambience/thailand-tropical-rainforest2=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/thailand-tropical-rainforest2 =0D
 =0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand I: 'Thailand's Tropical ... https://soundcloud.com=
/wildambience/thailand-tropical-rainforest2 Download the full 65 minute alb=
um from http://wildambience.com/wild-thailand-tropical-rainforest Notes: Ka=
eng Krachan National Park protects an immense are...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/thailand-tropic=
al-rainforest2 =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand II: 'River of Life' https://soundcloud.com/wildamb=
ience/wild-thailand-river-of-life=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-thailand-river-of-life =0D
 =0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand II: 'River of Life' https://soundcloud.com/wildamb=
ience/wild-thailand-river-of-life Part of the Wild Thailand audio series, t=
his album is available for download from http://wildambience.com/river-of-l=
ife/ Known as one of the last refuges for th...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-thailand-r=
iver-of-life =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand III: Forest of Life https://soundcloud.com/wildamb=
ience/wild-thailand-forest-of-life=0D
=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-thailand-forest-of-life =0D
 =0D
 Sounds of Wild Thailand III: Forest of Life https://soundcloud.com/wildamb=
ience/wild-thailand-forest-of-life This album is the third in the series 'S=
ounds of Wild Thailand' and features the vibrant sounds of Huai Kha Khaeng'=
s forests from dawn until dusk. Speci...=0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 View on soundcloud.com https://soundcloud.com/wildambience/wild-thailand-f=
orest-of-life =0D
 Preview by Yahoo =0D
 =0D
 =0D
 =0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D
 Thailand is a wonderful place to record nature, with an excellent system o=
f accessible national parks - highly recommended if you get the chance!=0D
 =0D
=0D
 =0D
=0D