Bird of the Month-

Subject: Bird of the Month-
From: "Michael Dalton" mdaltonarielle
Date: Wed Feb 4, 2015 5:43 am ((PST))
When I walk with my macaw, we often hear different birds here. We have chic=
kadees too; I learned to recognize their call without any aids. Many times =
we hear birds calling and their calls seem to correspond with phrases in En=
glish. One example might be the duo of calls common of the Cardinal.
In studying speech by parrots it is often useful to have a tool to remember=
 what the word sounded like. One simple example is "Eric," which I wondered=
 about for many months, until it dawned on me that my macaw was saying, "Eg=
ret." Eric is what I call a sononym for the correct statement. I'm happy to=
 learn that bird enthusiasts use a similar technique. I hope you will adopt=
 the word "sononym" to describe the process.
Regards,
MikeFloridawww.ParrotSpeech.com

 1

   Bird of the Month

 Tue Feb=C2=A03,=C2=A02015 1:40=C2=A0pm (PST) . Posted by:

   "Neville Recording" nevillerecording
    February 2015

Bird of the Month by John Neville at nevillerecording.com
<http://nevillerecording.com/>
_The Black-capped Chickadee_ is one of the most popular and well-known bird=
s across Canada and the Northern States. Its chick-aday-day notes and Hey-s=
weetie songs are recognized by many. In the winter small flocks all roost t=
ogether in woodpecker holes. They are able to lower their body temperature =
at night to conserve energy. Please share your information or experiences o=
f this bird.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: