2. Re: Wikipedia revision?

Subject: 2. Re: Wikipedia revision?
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sun Nov 2, 2014 10:19 am ((PST))
That=92s great, David. It=92s something that=92s really needed. As for the =
book, the reprint is a long way off. First, I have to come to an agreement =
with the publisher. Then, if we can come to terms, I=92ve got some extensiv=
e re-writes to do=85even in the text that=92s not technical. Just so everyo=
ne knows where this stands. I=92ll sure let everyone know how this progress=
es, though. So stand by=85

Bernie

On Nov 2, 2014, at 9:53 AM,  [naturerecordists] <naturer=
> wrote:

> I've just written to the Wiki Talk page on Field Recording:Talk
> https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=3DTalk:Field_recording
>
> Anyone can sign up as a Wiki editor and that is how it keeps up to date.=

> Each article has a "Talk" page to discuss revisions if necessary.
>
> I reckon the "Field recording" page itself needs a good upgrade and more =
on
> wildlife recording techniques.
>
> And Bernie, re your recent email, it should have a cross reference to you=
> extensive Wiki page.
>
> I won't make any Wiki changes till I hear back on this list.
>
> David Brinicombe
>

> Comments I posted to Wikipedia:Talk
>
> Revision
>
> This article seems to have gone stale. The last talk comment is dated 200=
Message: 7.
Subject:
> Recent edits have been minor.
>
> I belong to a group of wildlife recording enthusiasts and am wondering if=
> section on wildlife and environmental recording techniques would be usefu=
> especially in an article about field recording. I see that "Wildlife
> recording" redirects to this article, so at least a section on that would=
 be
> indicated.
>
> What I am not sure of is how much we can compare recorders, mics, etc
> without infringing Wiki commercial guidelines.
>

> ------------------------------------
> Posted by:
> ------------------------------------

> sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause.
>

> ------------------------------------
>
> Yahoo Groups Links

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536