Re: H4n noise

Subject: Re: H4n noise
From: "umashankar" umashanks
Date: Sat Oct 4, 2014 8:10 am ((PDT))
I did something like that for the older zoom h2, modified so the four mic i=
nputs were taken to an five pin xlr. I built a box with four old film mixer=
 transformers and five nine volt batteries to connect to this. no amplifica=
tion, but the transformers provide a very large gain, and I ended up adding=
 potentiometers before the zoom H2. certainly a very good way of getting so=
me noise free gain.

The h2n is overall a better machine and it should be possible to tuck in tw=
o small transformers where the microphones now sit, and terminate in mini x=
lrs. you will loose four channel mode, but it should make for a tidy low co=
st low noise recorder

umashankar