Re: Subjective noise disturbance from wind turbines (Was: Making Our

Subject: Re: Subjective noise disturbance from wind turbines (Was: Making Our
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Thu Oct 2, 2014 5:48 pm ((PDT))
It=E2=80=99s a type of  complex low frequency cavitation that disperses wid=
ely, John. I actually tried to measure it to find some foundation for wind =
turbine regs in our county (Sonoma). It was extremely difficult to do. Howe=
ver, there are numerous papers on the cavitation effect. Just be sure your =
home ain=E2=80=99t located downwind from one of those puppies. Unless it=E2=
=80=99s one of the new ones with extended shaft, your home may become worth=
less (and you and your family quite ill) very quickly. Check these referenc=
es out:

Bernie Krause

      Calculating the Real Cost of Industrial Wind Power: An information up=
date for Ontario electricity consumers=E2=80=A8Compiled by: Keith Stelling,=
 MA (McMaster), MNIMH, Dip. Phyt., =E2=80=A8MCPP (England)=E2=80=A8Date Pub=
lished: November, 2007

      Reduction in CO2 Emissions - Estimating the Potential Contribution fr=
om Wind Power=E2=80=A8Author(s): David White, BSc, C Eng, F I Chem E=E2=80=
=A8Date Published: December 2004=E2=80=A8A report commissioned and publishe=
d by the Renewable Energy Foundation in the UK that outlines the potential =
reduction of CO2 emissions, or lack thereof, from operating wind turbines.

      Estimation of Real Emissions Reduction Caused by Wind Generators=E2=
=80=A8Author(s): O. Liik, R. Oidram, M. Keel=E2=80=A8Date Published: June 2=
003=E2=80=A8A paper that discusses how and why emissions reductions in a th=
ermal based power grid are not proportional to the electricity production o=
f wind turbines. An example calculation of real emissions reduction/gain is=
 based on Estonian and Danish data.

      Noise Radiation from Wind Turbines Installed Near Homes -
      Effects on Health
      Author(s): Barbara J Frey, BA, MA, and Peter J Hadden, BSc, FRICS
      Date Published: February 2007
      A report on the health effects caused by industrial wind turbines. Th=
e report contains first-hand accounts by individuals affected by industrial=
 wind turbines, and also contains annotated reviews of research articles pe=
rtaining to the field of wind turbine acoustics.=E2=80=A8=E2=80=A8

      Windpower & Renewable Energy Planning Study=E2=80=A8Author(s): Jones =
Consulting Group, Ltd.=E2=80=A8Date Published: September 2007=E2=80=A8This =
is the final revision of the background research paper prepared by Jones Co=
nsulting Group as part of the wind and renewable energy study that has been=
 running since June 2007 and will continue until January 2008 for the Count=
y of Essex

      =E2=80=A8And one on the effects on wildlife
http://www.ckwag.org/pdfs/DA2007WindTurbinesandWildlife.pdf

On Oct 2, 2014, at 5:32 PM, John Campbell  [naturerecor=
dists] <> wrote:

> David
>
> Could you please explain why the sound you describe is not measurable?
>
> Thanks, John
>
> On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 10:04 AM,  [naturerecordists]<n=
> wrote:
> I've also looked into an example of subjective noise disturbance with win=
> turbines. I made a submission to a Public Inquiry over induced secondary=

> wake noise. This is when turbulence pulses at about one a second meet a t=
ree
> or a house, where locally they generate a regular swooshing sound but whi=
ch
> are not measurable in free air with a meter, but which can make a house
> uninhabitable.
>
> David Brinicombe

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536