Re: Bird Songs of Canada Vol. 1-4

Subject: Re: Bird Songs of Canada Vol. 1-4
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:27 am ((PDT))
Brilliant, John! Nicely packaged and recorded.

Bernie Krause

On Aug 30, 2014, at 10:11 AM, Neville Recording  [na=
turerecordists] <> wrote:

> I have just had my newest production Bird Songs of Canada a 4 CD set laun=
ched digitally on iTunes as four albums Vol. 1-4 covering Canada and the no=
rthern states of the USA.  see iTunes store/music/new age/john neville/Bird=
 Songs of Canada Vol. 1
> Here are a few of the published kind words that have been said about it:
> Canada's diverse habitats are home to an extraordinary variety of breedin=
g birds, nearly all of which are profiled in
> Bird Songs of Canada - a remarkable reference work bringing together many=
 hundreds of high-quality recordings
> in a single 4-CD set. This exceptional collection provides a reconnection=
 with nature, highlights our astonishing avian diversity,
> and offers a valuable tool to anyone seeking to identify birds by their s=
ongs and calls
> Andrew P. Coughlan - Bird Studies Canada
>
> John Neville's recordings are top notch, and will make a great addition t=
o the audio libraries of Canadian birders.
> Ted Cheskey, Manager, Bird Conservation, Nature Canada
> Some are fortunate to find that passion that drives them to achieve much.=
 John Neville found his in the myriad sounds that birds use to communicate =
and we are all the better for it. With this more than two decade-long pursu=
it he's secured his place in the pantheon of great bird sound recordists. F=
rom Surf Scoter to Gray-headed Chickadee, in his publication of "Bird Songs=
 of Canada" John has created a work that anyone with an interest in the nat=
ural world will quickly understand is an invaluable tool for exploring it.
> Greg Budney, Curator of Audio, Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornitholo=
gy

> This well-edited collection of sounds is a pleasure to listen to, and wil=
l help beginning and expert birders learn the
> wonderful diversity of bird songs in Canada
> Charles M. Francis, PhD, Manager, Bird Population Monitoring
> Canadian Wildlife Service, Environment Canada
>
> John Neville
> nevillerecording.com

Wild Sanctuary
POB 536