Re: Birdsong of Thailand's Deciduous Forest - Huai Kha Khaeng Wildli

Subject: Re: Birdsong of Thailand's Deciduous Forest - Huai Kha Khaeng Wildli
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:52 am ((PDT))
Nicely done, Marc!

Other than the recording system, do you have more metadata on the location =
and conditions under which this was recorded?

Bernie Krause

On Aug 12, 2014, at 5:55 PM,  [naturerecordists] <natu=
> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> my wife and I recently visited Thailand's western forest complex, a wonde=
rful area for nature sound recording and relatively accessible.

> The following recording was made in the Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctuar=
y, one of Thailand's most successful tiger reserves. After 28 hours of reco=
rdings no tiger vocalizations recorded but that was to be expected - plenty=
 of other interesting sounds though!

> Birdsong of Thailand's Deciduous Forest - Huai Kha Khaeng Wildlife Sanctu=
ary

> Birdsong of Thailand's Deciduous Forest - Huai K...
> Thailand's deciduous forests are a type of tropical woodland and home to =
a diverse range of birds and wildlife. This recording was made in the Huai.=
..
> View on soundcloud.com
> Preview by Yahoo
>

> In this sample you can hear the fluty calls of Black-hooded Oriole, the c=
hattering of White-crested Laughingthrush and many other species including =
Lineated Barbet, Blue-bearded Bee-eater and Black Giant Squirrel.

> Recorded with 2 x Sennheiser MKH8020's & Sound Devices 702 in a DIY paral=
lel array.

> --
> Marc Anderson
>
> Wild Ambience