Marantz PMD661

Subject: Marantz PMD661
From: bwanakomba
Date: Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:31 am ((PDT))
Hi all,I just wanted to post a positive comment on the Marantz PMD661. I know
this has been out for some time now but I got to use it for the first time here
in Tanzania in the Serengeti and other places. I coupled it with a sennheiser
K6-ME66 mic via the XLR jacks. So not pro grear, but I was presently surprised
with improvement in the pre-amp for better recordings and a surprising good
internal mike, without the need to use to much gain. Its easy to use to. The
shouder strap and the possition of the level meter and gain nob, make its easy
to walk with and use in the bush, much better than the zoom Hn4 I used
previously for a while.  If you cant afford a Sound Devices this is great
practical  machine, for field recording. I would also consider the Fostex
recorder in the same bracket buts its way bigger.Some thoughts,Andy