1. Re: lack of insect singing in upper midwest of US

Subject: 1. Re: lack of insect singing in upper midwest of US
From: "wilhershberger" wil_hershberger
Date: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:12 am ((PDT))
This article contains a map of the use of one of the neonicotinoids. It wou=
ld be interesting to see if there is a correlation with the present lack of=
 singing insects.
http://www.wired.com/2014/08/neonicotinoids-midwest/

Wil Hershberger
Nature Images and Sounds, LLC
Hedgesville, WV
The Songs of Insects
My Blog

On Aug 9, 2014, at 7:51 PM, Bernie Krause  [naturere=
cordists] <> wrote:

> We live in Sonoma wine country, a rural area that=92s primarily dedicated=
 to organic farming practices, David. So my hunch these changes (here) are =
something more climate-related=85at least for the moment.

> Bernie
>

> On Aug 9, 2014, at 2:22 PM,  [naturerecordists] <natur=
> wrote:
>
>>> Same here in Michigan ( lower peninsula).  Nearly dead silent both nigh=
t and day.   Not even field crickets....and even visually few insects.   I =
can walk green fields an barely kick up a grasshopper...light at night have=
 very few Insects around them.   frightening.