An old recording of a thunderstorm in Beijing

Subject: An old recording of a thunderstorm in Beijing
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:02 am ((PDT))
On August 9 1986 I and my friend, Emil B=F3asson, made an interview with 2=

Chinese girls for the Icelandic State Broadcast Service. When the
interview was over we had a little noisy discussions with the girls who
were not quite satisfied with our questions, lack of understanding  and
comments. Shortly after they went away.
Then a scene started as if we were in a modern Peking Opera or the
ballet of The Red Detachment of Women - it started to rain heavily. I
think this is the most rain I ever experienced.
I had a Sony TCD5 with me and a Sennheiser MD21U microphone. I placed
myself behind a mosquito net and recorded for a while.
Emil later married the one who was the interpreter in the interview.
Even though this is not a stereo recording and the progress of recording
is immense since 28 years ago, this recording is still worth listening.
http://hljod.blog.is/users/df/hljod/files/_rumuve_ur_i_beijing_9_agust_1986=
.mp3