Fwd: Lexar 250gig card post at naturerecordists.............

Subject: Fwd: Lexar 250gig card post at naturerecordists.............
From: "Gianni Pavan" gpavan1960
Date: Wed May 7, 2014 4:34 pm ((PDT))
Hi Norman,

as for the battery, I'm currenty using an external laptop Li-Ion battery
rated 118Wh (14.5V 8000mAh) connected to a 12V to 5V car adapter for USB
devices.
http://www.busytrade.com/products/759529/Pm148-8000-Lithium.html#.U2q-tvl_t=
8E

considering that the internal battery is rated 3.7V 925mAh =3D 3.422 Wh and
runs for 6 hours I estimate an absorption of 0,57Wh

by running the external battery I get about 190-195 hours of recording that
means about 0.6 Wh

with a 250Wh battery I expect to run more than 400 hours to safely record
15 days
however I still have to consider the possible negative effect of outdoor
low temperatures.

Soon I should have these batteries to test:

http://www.thebatterygeeks.com/BG-9-12-130-Portable-DVD-Player-Battery-p/9-=
12-130_us.htm
http://www.thebatterygeeks.com/product-p/9-12-250_us.htm

I look forward to see some test of the new D100. I hope in clean and quiet
mic preamplifiers. However, it is a pity it lacks XLR inputs!

Gianni

hello Gianni, Thank you for your post about the huge card in the LS100.

--
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universit=C3=A0 degli Studi di Pavia