Re: MARANTZ PMD-661 Error Message.........

Subject: Re: MARANTZ PMD-661 Error Message.........
From: "Eric Fassbender" eric.fassbender
Date: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 pm ((PDT))
Hi Norman,

I had a similarly unmotivated error with my PMD661 about 2 years ago. The e=
rror has never occurred again after I upgraded the firmware. So maybe check=
 if you've got the newest version of the firmware installed.

Cheers,

Eric

On 23/04/2014, at 7:45 AM,  wrote:

> I have a question for owners of the MARANTZ PMD 661 recorder.
>
> Mine has just started flashing up an error message quite frequently.
>
> The message is:
>
> "  Can not... "
>
> In the manual it says it means 'command is invalid'.
>
> The message pops up when it's in recording mode and I'm doing nothing els=
e but watching it.

> Does anyone else here have this experience and can give me an idea why an=
d what to do about it?

> So far, at least, it doesn't seem to interfere with the recording. It's j=
ust annoying and a little worrying, even now that I've checked that the rec=
ording process continues despite the message. It blocks off most of the scr=
een information so it's a practical humbug too.

> A quick google around has turned up nothing specific but it seems this mo=
del is prone to being a bit temperamental.

> It's behaved itself perfectly for a year. Something has changed but I don=
't know what.

> norman.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional