Rainforest on the Edge

Subject: Rainforest on the Edge
From: wildambience
Date: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:15 am ((PDT))
Last month I spent some time in and around Taman Negara National Park in
Malaysia, recording the extraordinary sights and sounds of this stunning area.
Sadly, only a few kilometres from park headquarters in Kuala Tahan, extensive
areas of virgin forest are being logged and cleared for palm oil plantations.
It seems any forest outside national park boundaries is seen as fair game & of
little value.
 I decided to make some recordings from logging access roads adjacent to these
threatened primary forests so others could hear the beautiful sounds and voices
of this precious habitat. You can download an 40 minute mp3 version of the
album from the following link:

 www.NoiseTrade.com/marcanderson/rainforest-on-the-edge
http://www.noisetrade.com/marcanderson/rainforest-on-the-edge

 and watch a short 12 minute documentary featuring the sounds & the issue at
hand here:

 http://www.wildambience.com/rainforest-on-the-edge
http://www.wildambience.com/rainforest-on-the-edge

 Marc Anderson