4. Re: Small Recorder

Subject: 4. Re: Small Recorder
From: m_pesente
Date: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:47 am ((PDT))
>Do you have a similar test recording for the M10 and the LS5? =0D
>I agree the 3+3 does sound warmer, or fuller, than the 2+2, I wonder if th=
at would translate to non-parabolic >arrays.=0D
=0D
Hi John,=0D
yes, always at that time I performed a test for Olympus LS5 and 2+2 Vs. 3+3=
 Em172 out of parabola.=0D
=0D
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERE=
CODISTS_19APRILE2014/LS5_2%2B2EM72_Vs_3%2B3EM172_onlyRightChannel_NOparabol=
a_onlyBuffleForPZM.wav https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10964978/TEST_2%=
2B2vs3%2B3_PER_NATURERECODISTS_19APRILE2014/LS5_2%2B2EM72_Vs_3%2B3EM172_onl=
yRightChannel_NOparabola_onlyBuffleForPZM.wav=0D
=0D
Here is only one channel (the right), because the microphones were already =
assembled with the stereo PZM baffle and so I selected only the channel tha=
t was facing to the metronome.=0D
 As you can hear, the warmer (or fuller as you said) sound remains the same=
 even without the parabola. =0D
However, for LS5 there is a small drop in signal level for 3+3 caps, but yo=
u must always consider my experiments as empirical!=0D
Probably I had a test also for M10... but for now I can not find it in any =
corner of my hard drives :-)=0D
=0D
Marco Pesente=0D
from Italy=0D