Re: Recording the Sea/Rivers

Subject: Re: Recording the Sea/Rivers
From: madl74
Date: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:52 pm ((PDT))
> I like recording the sea,but it is such a challenge to soften out some of the
> thunder or sizzle.

Martin,

But the sea _is_ thunder and sizzle. Listen out for big and small noises and
listen to water on rocks and in holes. Caves, from tiny to large, each have
their own sounds from murmuring to muttering to yelling blue murder. Look
for a pebble beach on a shoreline or on a river and listen to the pebble
music.

Get as close as you dare (for your mics) and look for tiny sounds as well as
spectacular ones. Rain is a challenge to record, as it usually sounds dry,
but listen out for particular sounds like drainpipes and gurgling gullies
and other wetness sounds. Get the mic as close as you dare.

I've got a small stream which tumbles down a steep gully, Some of its sounds
are very musical, and I've recorded them in stereo sounding like a natural
orchestra. And also listen to the musical notes of a drip into a bucket.

David Brinicombe

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: