A big Thank you + Introduction of myself

Subject: A big Thank you + Introduction of myself
From: "Sebastian-Thies Hinrichsen" =
sebastianth2001
Date: Tue Apr 1, 2014 4:03 am ((PDT))

Hello and 'Guten Tag' fellow Nature Recordists,

thanks for adding me to this lovely e-mail group a few weeks ago. Some of
you might already know me, like Gordon Hempton or Klas.

Let me introduce myself to all of you:

I=C2=B4m Sebastian, 34 years old. I live in Germany. I=C2=B4m a IT-Speciali=
st (+10
years in IT now) and a Hobby Field Recordist in the 4th year. I have a
wonderful wife that supports me in everything I do and can live with the
fact, that I=C2=B4m totally into field recording.

(Home-) Recording ever was a hobby for me. I=C2=B4ve made sound experiments=
 on
my computer since 1996, audio dramas with friends, and other sound
experiments over the years. I also experimented with synthesizers.

In 2008 I started as Chief Editor for the German online magazin
"PlugIndex.de". We wrote news and reviews about audio plug-ins. I had the
chance to test almost all plug-ins on the market at that time and it was a
wonderful time. Meeting new people, building contacts and so on.

Through SomaFM (one of my favorite stations) I got into Ambient. And into
field recording I got more ore less by searching a way to expand my tracks
with relaxing natural sounds. So my first recorder was a Zoom H1, because
it was cheap and portable.

And so it all began: I got more and more into this topic, sucked in every
information I could find, no matter if it was a blog, video at You Tube or
any other source. I head of guys like Chris Watson and Gordon Hempton,
Watson Wu, Bernie Krause and other people that do field recordings for
their hobby or as a professional. I found labels that are specialized in
distributing field recordings and groups like The Wildlife Sound Recording
Society, which I joined last year.

On Sound Cloud I created the group "Field Recordings" (
https://soundcloud.com/groups/fieldrecordings) with more than 500 members
and over 1,300 shared sounds. I also own the group "Field Recording" at
Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/groups/field.recording/) that already
has 140 members. You=C2=B4re all welcome to join in there and contact me on
Facebook and of course by email if you like!

During that time of research the idea for my new project was born:
FieldRecording.de - The first and one and only German online magazine,
dedicated to the topic i fell in love with. In August 2013 the site was
designed and went online. You might check it out, if you can read German:
www.fieldrecording.de

I already had the chance to interview very interesting and nice people like
Nick Sherman and Gordon Hempton that worked together for the movie
"SOUNDTRACKER", a documentary about Gordons work in the field. You can find
translated versions of these two interviews on my website. The link is at
the top of each article.

And finally: During my research I=C2=B4ve head of this "good old style"
mailinglist I had to join. So this is how/why I joined this lovely group
and I can=C2=B4t wait to get in contact with you all.

Best regards

Sebastian

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional