Sony

Subject: Sony
From: "George Themelis" gathemelis
Date: Mon Mar 3, 2014 9:11 am ((PST))
Sony is an interesting company...

For a large company, they have produced some innovative products.  They are
innovative but still leave something to be desired... Then they keep
improving them usually just a little bit.  It is hard to tell if it is just
profit that motivates them (trying to get consumer to upgrade to the newer
model which is not sufficiently better than the previous) or a desire to
make a better product.

I come from the field of 3d photography.  I am enjoying my 3D Personal
Viewer (like a personal 3d TV), currently it is 3rd version (I use the 1st,
I tried the current version but returned it because it was no better than
the 1st for my purposes):
http://store.sony.com/cat-27-catid-3D-Personal-Viewer

I tried their digital recording binoculars, a very interesting product it
its 3rd iteration but I returned because for unknown reasons it would not
record 3d still pictures (only video):
http://store.sony.com/cat-27-catid-All-Digital-Recording-Binoculars

Let's not forget the minidiscs, my introduction to personal sound
recordings. I still have my Sony MZ-N10 minidisc that I use from time to
time.

I currently purchased the PCM-M10 Recorder after recommendations from this
list and I must say I am enjoying it more than my previous Olympus
recorders.

George