2. Re: Deoxit Pro Gold G5

Subject: 2. Re: Deoxit Pro Gold G5
From: grickerd
Date: Mon Mar 3, 2014 4:57 am ((PST))
I was turned on to Caig Labs products in the early 1980's when it was still=
 called Cramolin.  I was working at an aerospace/avionics company then.  Ne=
ver found a better contact cleaner since.=0D
=0D
The red DeoxIT D-5 products contain an oxide reducer that works very well..=
. you can see brown copper surfaces brighten right up as it strips the oxid=
e from the surface layer.=0D
=0D
I have gone through maybe four cans in 30 years.  The major problem I have =
with the pressurized spray is getting too much overspray. on whatever it is=
.  I've often used a non-lint applicator, sprayed that, and then swabbed su=
rfaces to get just the right amount where it needs to go.=0D
=0D
DeoxIT Gold products do not have as much oxide reducer, and are perfect for=
 band-new electrical contacts.=0D
=0D
I see on their web page they have added a good selection of non-lint foam s=
wab applicators, brushes, and even a new stainless tube spray applicator th=
at should be a lot better than the original plastic tubes.  I'm going to ha=
ve to place a new order.