Re: Hello, my name is . . .

Subject: Re: Hello, my name is . . .
From: "Bernie Krause" bigchirp1
Date: Thu Feb 6, 2014 1:31 pm ((PST))
Welcome to the group, Jennifer. You=92ll get lots of great information, her=
e.

Bernie Krause

On Feb 6, 2014, at 12:32 PM, Jennifer Kingsley <> wro=
te:

> Jennifer Kingsley
>
> I'm responding to the moderator's request to introduce myself as a new me=
mber of this community. Hello!

> I am a naturalist, audio producer and writer based in Eastern Canada (Ott=
awa, Ontario), but I work on the west coast and in the Arctic too. I have b=
een a wilderness guide for ten years, though I do more work in writing and =
radio these days. I want to introduce more field recording and nature recor=
ding into my work. I am interested in producing soundscapes of the areas I =
work in and incorporating good field technique into my documentaries.

> I am particularly interested in learning to make good choices for techniq=
ue and equipment to get recordings that accurately reflect the environment =
I am visiting.

> I started making radio for the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) in=
 2011, and I studied radio production alongside audio engineers at the Banf=
f Centre, in Alberta, Canada, for four months last year.

> I am here to listen and learn, and maybe ask the odd question.
> www.jenniferkingsley.ca
>
> Nice to meet you.
>
> --
> jenniferkingsley.ca