Re: Question about NT1A stereo array.

Subject: Re: Question about NT1A stereo array.
From: "Magnus Bergsson" icelandnature
Date: Wed Jan 1, 2014 4:46 pm ((PST))
Rode made only one type of Blimp windshield (and extension kit for NTG8)
It is very simple to transform Rode Blimp to carry NT1a. The only thing
that need to be replaced is the suspension as shown on my previous link.
Now I have fix Nt1a in smaller Rycote modular windshield, as shown in my
other previous link. I strip down the wight to make it lighter so they they
can withstand Rycote Lyra suspension specification. It works quiet well,
but is not as perfect as I was hoping for. I can still hear some rumbling
noise. But anyway this setup is now as good as Sennheiser MKH20 with Rycote
Baby Ball Gag Windshield. Some will say it is pretty good for cardioid mic
like NT1a
I wish I could fix NT1a in Cinela windshield because it have double
suspension from mic to the Tripod / boom pole. But Cinela is overpriced so
I afraid it will never happened

Bestu kve=F0jur / Best regards

*Magn=FAs Bergsson*Tel: + 354 6162904
http://fieldrecording.net

.

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 9:41 PM, Steve Sergeant <>wrote=
:

> On 12/30/13 4:50 AM, Magnus Bergsson wrote:
>
>> Hi Chas
>>
>> NT1a is not only sensitive for wind on the capsule. The body is also
>> extremely sensitive so your NT1a will as well pick up wind noise trough
>> the tripod.
>> I have use NT1a for a while so I have make a some solutions.
>> First this one:
>> https://picasaweb.google.com/104187345157190691446/
>> RodeNT1aInBlimp?authuser=3D0&feat=3Ddirectlink
>>

> Which blimp kit or ala carte parts did you use in this particular setup?

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: