ME66/K6 with signal bias

Subject: ME66/K6 with signal bias
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:18 pm ((PDT))
I recently left my ME66 switched on overnight, and when I discovered this i=
n the morning and switched it off and on again, the battery confirmation li=
ght was very dim.

The first recording I made after that seems ok, but a couple after that sho=
w a bias in the signal, showing in the waveform as a funny shaped wave, rep=
eating every 4 seconds or so. Later in the day this decreased to about 1 se=
cond, although the recordings sound ok to me.

I've uploaded a sample to http://snd.sc/1a7KEuG

Is this bias the normal result of a dying battery? When I tested it again j=
ust now before changing the battery, it seemed ok again, perhaps because th=
e battery had recovered a bit. I've left it on to see if I can replicate th=
e problem.

I'm not at all concerned about saving the recording, only about whether the=
 mic is faulty or just needed a fresh battery.

Peter Shute