Re: Autonomous recorders (was "Saying Hello")

Subject: Re: Autonomous recorders (was "Saying Hello")
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 pm ((PDT))
The specs say "-115dBV equivalent input noise", which I think might put it =
in the "ok" bracket. I assume a lot of what you pay for them goes towards r=
obustness and programming flexibility.

After the recent purchase of a 32GB SDHC card for my M10, I'm becoming very=
 interested in the idea of long unattended recordings. I'm wondering how I =
can make my homemade SASS weatherproof without affecting the sound quality.=
 I assume I need to prevent the foam nose from becoming waterlogged as well=
 as just protecting the electrical components.

I also really like the idea of a robust case, with the recorder in the same=
 enclosure so I don't have to worry about cables getting tangled, but for a=
 SASS it's going to have to have some big holes.

Peter Shute.