Re: Ghillie suit with parabola?

Subject: Re: Ghillie suit with parabola?
From: "H=E5kan Olsson" nordicsounds
Date: Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:46 am ((PDT))
Hi!
There are ghille suits with desert camo pattern/color. I did a fast search
end found them quick in several websites like
amazon<http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=3Dnb_sb_ss_fb_0_23?url=3Dsearch-alias%3D=
sporting&field-keywords=3Ddesert+camo+ghillie+suit&sprefix=3DDesert+Camo+Gh=
illie+Sui%2Ctoys-and-games%2C228&rh=3Dn%3A3375251%2Ck%3Adesert+camo+ghillie=
+suit>and
here <http://www.ghilliesuitsource.com/>.
Do some searching and you will find some better places to buy from. Look
for lightweight with rot/fire retardant synthetic threads and not jute. The
fabric under should be like no-see-um fabric that doesn't get as warm,
protects from bugs and is lighter. Some also have netting so you can add
local vegetation which is nice.

If you are going to use it, don't forget your hands and face. For some
"smarter" species like ravens, you might have to camouflage your equipment
as well. They spot "new" stuff in nature instantly and avoid that area.
I've done some extensive testing on ravens trying to get close to them in
open landscape just as a "provocative" test, and it can be really
difficult... to make a long story short, I had to cover everything with
camo and I mean everything...

It might be a lot easier to use a photo blind. I don't really like it
because you can't see everything around you, but with some species you have
to use it. Since most birds are very sensitive to movement, it's easier to
be in a blind.

With that said I personally don't use ghillie suits or blinds very often,
only when I really have to, but it's nice to have when you need it.

You can also make a camo fleece cover for your parabola. Not only for camo
reasons, but the front cover helps against wind and if you cover the back
it helps reducing the sound of insects "bouncing" on the plastic if you
live in a place with a lot of bugs (especially at night).

Yes, often and for a lot of species you can use the methods described by
others here and you can also be lucky to be in the right spot at the right
time.

--
/*
H=E5kan Olsson