Re: Two recordings of an Icedlandic stream (terminology correction)

Subject: Re: Two recordings of an Icedlandic stream (terminology correction)
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Fri Aug 2, 2013 5:02 pm ((PDT))
This is an interesting discussion and very informative.

I knew, when I decided to set the mics up as an AB-stereo with 40 cm
spacing, that I were breaking some principles. But I was convinced that
the centre would be allright as the Rode are quite sensitive. I tested
first the MONO result before starting the recording and it was not
something special. But I wanted a spacious recording. I was a bit
worried about the result, when I tested the mics in the 8-setup. But the
centre was still there, at least in the headphones. In the first test a
dog was barking nearby and I heard it behind me. I might put it on the
web tomorrow if anyone is interested.

Thanks again for your valuable comments. Just to introduce myself, I
have worked for The Icelandic radio for almost 40 years (from
1973-2010), and in the later years I experimented with a lot of
sound-images.

Best regards,

Arnthor

=DEann 2.8.2013 23:26, skrifa=F0i rock_scallop: