Two recordings of an Icedlandic stream

Subject: Two recordings of an Icedlandic stream
From: "Arn=FE=F3r Helgason"
Date: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:49 pm ((PDT))
I and my wife went to the West Fjords in Iceland and travelled around on
July 26-28 with our friend, Unnur Stefan=EDa Alfre=F0sd=F3ttir. In the morn=
ing
of July 28 I recorded the bubble and singing of the stream at the farm,
Ne=F0ri-Rau=F0sdalur. Two R=F8de NT-2A were used in an omnidirectional
Ab-Stereo setup  with 40 cm spacing. Then I changed the configuration to
an eight setup, with the same location of the mics. This is a kind of
related to the Blumlein Setup except that in Blumlein the mics are close
to each other in a 90=B0setup with one above the other (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blumlein_Pair).
The difference was shaking. In the first recording the eight
configuration is used and the AB-setup in the second one. Please note
the deapth of the eight figured sound and how the deep tones of the
spring are getting through. A Nagra Ares BB+ was used.
Here is the Eight-configured recording:
http://www.hljod.blog.is/users/df/hljod/files/baejarlaekurinn_blumlein.mp3
Then the AB-setup:
http://www.hljod.blog.is/users/df/hljod/files/baejarlaekurinn_ab.mp3