Re: article about Gordon Hempton

Subject: Re: article about Gordon Hempton
From: "chris" pueo9
Date: Thu Jul 4, 2013 3:32 pm ((PDT))
Sad news indeed, I hope the hearing loss can be reversed or mitigated in
some way. Get better Gordon!

Chris Davidson

--- In  Bernie Krause  wrote:

> Nobody's life's work is over until our lives are over. Wolfgang Fasser
is blind and deaf, but he still works with autistic kids healing them
with compassionate attention and sound. Fasser is the subject of one of
the most compelling documentaries on sound ( (Garden of Sound -- nel
Giradino die Suoni, which also features Walter Tilgner). The attention
is not on him, but on the effect of his work. Lang Elliott is hearing
impaired and continues to find ways to contribute to an important body
of work through photography, videos and yes, even sound recording using
imaginative technologies to overcome his loss. Others of us have
different kinds of impairment -- certainly as we get older -- but don't
complain and find ways to push past it, writing, teaching, doing
workshops, encouraging others to pick up where we left off. It's not
over til it's over. Nor are these losses tragic (see/hear Beethoven's
9th Symphony) and each of us has to find ways deal with what we're dealt
as best we can and as long as we have the will to live. Next!

> Bernie Krause
>

> On Jul 4, 2013, at 5:43 AM, natureguyusa  wrote:
>
> > What a tragic irony. I sure hope he is able to find the reason for
his hearing loss and is able to get treatment. Gordon has been such an
important figure in nature sound recording and advocate for the beauty
of natural sound space without the effects of human noise.

> > Bruce Rutkoski
> > Www.natureguystudio.com
> >
> > --- In  Dan Dugan dan@ wrote:

http://www.voanews.com/content/going-deaf-sound-expert-races-to-finish-h\