Fwd: New Publication from John V. Moore Nature Recordings

Subject: Fwd: New Publication from John V. Moore Nature Recordings
Date: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:31 pm ((PDT))
Dear All,

I am pleased to announce that a  comprehensive DVD of bird vocalizations
for Ecuador is complete and at the  duplicators.

This final publication by John V. Moore Nature  Recordings of the bird
vocalizations from Ecuador culminates over 20 years of  work, commencing wi=
th
the publication of the 80-minute cassette Sounds of La Selva in  1993.  In=

this new publication we combine all of our previous  11 publications into a=

single DVD with 9670 separate  recordings of 1501 species in MP3 format. 29=
44
of the  recordings were not published in our  previous publications. Only 5=
8%
of all the recordings were made by the three  authors. Thus, we have relied=

on altogether 156 recordists to assemble what we  consider the most
complete published sound presentation for a bird rich area.  Of course, we =
are
biased!
Below is a summary of the  publication:
Bird Sounds of Ecuador, A  comprehensive collection
John V. Moore, Niels Krabbe, and Olaf Jahn  with special contributions from=

M.Lysinger, P. Coopmans,  P. Mean V, A. Spencer, R.S. Ridgely, D.F.Lane,
J.Nisslon, N. Athanas, L.  Navarrette and 144 other recordists.
1 MP3 DVD
Suggested Retail Price: $37.50
The DVD also contains is a digital booklet with  detailed recording data in=

PDF, WORD and EXCEL format as well as other  pertinent information. The
recordings have no verbal announcements, are in MP3  format and the files a=
re
labeled (tagged) with embedded metadata, allowing  searches for particular=

recordings on multi-media organizing software such as  iTunes and mobile
devices such as iPod, iPhone or Palm. Our goal is to achieve  a high degree=
 of
completeness, not only presenting song repertoires but also a  wide variety=
 of
calls and mechanical sounds.
The publication should be ready for distribution  within a month.
We have dedicated the publication to Paul  Coopmans who, until his untimely=

death in 2006, was perhaps the number one  expert on Ecuadorian bird
vocalizations. His incredible library of recordings  and complete attention=
detail made him an indispensable member of the group  that produced most of=
 our
Ecuador publications. He undoubtedly would have been  one of the primary
authors of this publication,and his unmatched knowledge and  friendship are=

sorely missed.

My best to all,

John

John V. Moore Nature  Recordings