advice on choosing software for soundscapes (bio, geo, & androphony)

Subject: advice on choosing software for soundscapes (bio, geo, & androphony)
From: "" chad_cl=

Date: Tue May 14, 2013 7:11 am ((PDT))

I am going to be volunteering some time for collecting songscapes at local =
protected areas. I am just learning about how to analyze data and sonogragh=
s.  I hope to be a able to compare recorded files and have a program that d=
oes some statistical analysis and help identify species in recordings etc. =

Hence, am trying to find user-friendly software.  I have been using the fre=
e version of Raven (seemed good).  I am now looking at Song Scope and Raven=
 Pro.

Any suggestions on these or other software?

Best regards,
Chad