1. Re: Battery to MicroTrack 24/96

Subject: 1. Re: Battery to MicroTrack 24/96
From: "natureguyusa" natureguyusa
Date: Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:11 am ((PDT))
Hi Mark,

You are welcome. I am glad I can help people fix their microtrack recorders=
. Definitely do not wire an external battery directly in parallel as the in=
ternal circuit will want to charge the batteries. A diode could work, but I=
 wouldn't try it without a lot of testing. It would probably mess up the se=
nsitive recharging circuits. The best bet is to use a USB battery box. I ha=
ve been using those or a USB power outlet on my preamp to power my microtra=
cks for years without issues.

Bruce Rutkoski
Owner
www.natureguystudio.com

--- In  "Mark" <> wrote:

> ~~~ Thanks 'a million, Bruce!
>
> While I'm in there, I'm wondering if it's safe to also wire-up a pigtail =
from the outside direct to the board, to give me the option to also run fro=
m something like D-cells or a 6v lantern battery.  Would such a simple para=
llel wiring scheme pose a danger to the internal battery?

> If so, would putting a diode on the internal battery be sufficient to pro=
tect it from the external power?

> For me, power thru the USB port as one poster suggested doesn't seem to w=
ork, as my MicroTrack only recognizes this for charging - 'won't immediatel=
y power-up.

tery.  http://www.natureguystudio.com/microtrackbattery.html