Free 24 minute soundscape from Chitwan National Park, Nepal

Subject: Free 24 minute soundscape from Chitwan National Park, Nepal
From: "wildambience" wildambience
Date: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:01 pm ((PDT))
For those who are interested, a free downloadable 24 minute soundscape is
available on my website - http://wildambience.com/on-the-riverbank/
(a link will be sent to your email address with access to the free mp3 file.)
The recording was made on the banks of the Rapti River in Chitwan National
Park, Nepal.

Usually I spend a lot of time trying to avoid the sounds of human activity.
However in this particular recording, I had placed my microphones (2 x AT4022's
in parallel array) in a fairly isolated bend in the Rapti River and left them
for an hour or so to capture the sounds of the nearby riverine forest as well
as to pick up any wildlife activity moving up or down the river itself. It was
only later on, when listening to the recording through headphones, that I was
surprised to hear the gentle sounds of two wooden canoes passing along the
river. I think the rhythmic motion and soft conversation of the boatman added a
nice complement to the natural ambience and add a sense of place to the
soundscape. Perhaps they were talking about the funny little box on the side of
the river!

Species recorded include: Black-hooded Oriole, Red Junglefowl, Striped
Tit-Babbler, Magpie Robins, Chestnut-headed Thrush, Greater Coucal, various
kingfishers and many other bird species, as well as the delicate sounds of
dragonflies and crickets from the grasses on the river's edge.

If you have any problems downloading let me know by personal email -
 Hope you enjoy!

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: