Re: Ku-ring-gai NP info wanted (+ Sydney flight paths map)

Subject: Re: Ku-ring-gai NP info wanted (+ Sydney flight paths map)
From: "Peter Shute" pshute2
Date: Sat Mar 9, 2013 5:58 am ((PST))
Thanks for the map link. I've been trying to use flightradar24 to work the =
paths out, but the playback function has been playing up recently.=0D
=0D
Dharug looks good, but I'm not confident I can find it in the dark and it's=
 nearly 3 times as far from Manly, so I'm still thinking Ku-ring-gai is saf=
est. Do you know if the gates to West Head Rd really open at 6am like it sa=
ys on the park's web site?=0D
=0D
Do you have any specific locations in Dharug I can look at on the map?=0D
=0D
Peter Shute=0D
=0D
Sent from my iPad=0D
=0D
On 09/03/2013, at 9:53 PM, "mrmarcanderson" <<mailt=
o:>> wrote:=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
Peter,=0D
=0D
Kuring-gai might be your best bet. I have found fairly quiet spots in Dharu=
g National Park which is adjacent to Kuring-gai (near Wiseman's Ferry).=0D
=0D
Royal NP can be frustrating due to flight noise starting before 6am - I was=
 down there before first light last week and didn't get anything more than =
about 6 minutes of clean recording due to the planes. One option here may b=
e to record bird song alongside a running stream which may mask some of the=
 quieter planes and leave you with a nice recording. (the following link is=
 a sample from Royal NP recorded last year - https://soundcloud.com/wildamb=
ience/by-a-tranquil-stream-album)=0D
=0D
For anyone who is planning to record anywhere near Sydney this link showing=
 main flight paths may be helpful in choosing which areas to avoid:=0D
=0D
http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?ie=3DUTF8&oe=3DUTF8&msa=3D0&msid=3D105686=
Message: 047848531438589.
Subject: 00046881acd1e03708602=0D
=0D
I imagine something similar could be found for many major airports by typin=
g 'flight path map' plus the city name into google.=0D
=0D
Hope this helps!=0D
=0D
Marc Anderson=0D
=0D
www.wildambience.com<http://www.wildambience.com>=0D
=0D
--- In <naturerecordists%40yahoogrou=
ps.com>, Peter Shute <> wrote:=0D
>=0D
> I was intending to hire a car for the day, Eric, so my main problem will =
be unfamiliarity with the roads.=0D
>=0D
> The spelling of Ku-ring-gai is mystifying me a bit. The letters seem to b=
e mainly the same, but I've seen a lot of variations on the hyphens and spa=
ces.=0D
>=0D
> Peter Shute=0D
>=0D
> > -----Original Message-----=0D
> > From: <naturerecordists%40yahoog=
roups.com>=0D
> > <naturerecordists%40yaho=
ogroups.com>] On Behalf Of Eric Fassbender=0D
> > Sent: Monday, 4 March 2013 1:27 PM=0D
> > To: <naturerecordists%40yahoogro=
ups.com>=0D