6. Re: Impressed!

Subject: 6. Re: Impressed!
From: "Chris Harrison" lamprophis1963
Date: Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:22 pm ((PST))
One note about using camera tripods for mic stands.  If you are getting one
for yourself, get a carbon fiber tripod rather than an aluminum.  They
dampen vibrations better and make less noise in a breeze in my experience.

And they certainly weigh a lot less.

The good thing about using these for mics is that recordists don't need a
tall or heavy duty tripod and so can therefore buy the cheaper ones.

Chris