5. Re: TASCAM DR-100 MK2 & SONY MDR-7506 Phones

Subject: 5. Re: TASCAM DR-100 MK2 & SONY MDR-7506 Phones
From: "lily hall" lilyplants
Date: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:23 pm ((PST))
I don't think they would be good for field use. yes, re shift. too big. velour
could get wet.
the head piece on the HD 25-I-ii is great for field (I see typos in my email).
robin uses it.
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD25-1-II-Closed-Back-Headphones/dp/B000TDZOXG

lily

On Feb 12, 2013, at 2:14 PM, sounds.images <> wrote:

> Hi Lily,
> How do you find the DT770s in the field for everyday use? I have studio
> experience with them but know how good they block external noise etc..
>
> They seem to grip the head well too. Do you find you can look up for example
> without them shifting?
>
> Regards.
>
> Simon
> --- In  lily hall wrote:
> >
> > scott, check thru earlier post in this thread. robin palmar suggests the SD
> > 231-ii which are closed to your budget. I just got the DT 770, 80 ohm
> > beyers that simon mentions.
> >
> > lily
> >
> > On Feb 12, 2013, at 1:30 PM, sounds.images wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Scott,
> > >
> > > At the moment I have some cheap Senheisers, however my headphone of
> > > choice is the Beyerdynamic DT770 80ohm. I have had a set of the 250 ohm
> > > version and they are also great for listening to music on a flight etc.
> > > Almost total isolation headphone. The 80ohm version will be easier to
> > > drive and use less power, they are bulky but worth it in my opinion.
> > > These are cheaper than the 1350s mentioned. The 2012 special edition
> > > 32ohm have a shorter straight cable which may be better suited to field
> > > recording than the standard 3metre cable.
> > >
> > > Hope this helps..
> > >
> > > Simon.

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional